Photodump V : Bigodi, Kibale and Bwindi Impenetrable


   I am not, I must confess, a particularly gifted photographer. Nowhere is this more evident than in a forest environment. My rather basic model camera combined with the diffused lighting, weather conditions the swiftness of most forest creatures and my meager skill conspire to make shooting a clear image nearly impossible. Thus it is that most of my primate pictures could easily be mistaken for evidence of Bigfoot. This is a shame because both chimpanzee and gorilla trekking were real highlights of my travels in Uganda. This again is why I don't have nearly as many pictures of birds and my later attempts to photograph roosting fruit bats were destined to failure. These are some of the better images on my camera roll from three beautiful places. 

Bigodi Swamp



Black and white Colobus 

Red Colobus


L'Hoest's Monkey

Black headed heron and Open billed stork

 Kibale
My first sighting of chimpanzees. I accidentally took this while fumbling with my camera. Regrettably this unflattering selfie is one of the clearest pictures from that day

There is a chimp on the right side of this photo


It was astonishing how close they let us come







Bwindi Impenetrable Forest

Blackback male gorilla


Silverback 

Juvenile


Silverback in a tree. He was surprisingly agile.



A pair of females foraging 

Mother with infant

This one passed within an inch of my leg



Sunset from my lodge
\

Comments